"The road to success is always under construction" ~ Arnold Palmer
Parent Tips for Helping Prepare Your Child for the ACT
1. Encourage your child to spend time outside of school to prepare for the ACT.
2. Arrange for your child to have a quiet study space without any distractions.
3. Time your child taking practice ACT tests and review answers with him/her.
4. Provide your child with a model for good grammar.
5. Quiz your child on math formulas.
6. Set aside time in your home for reading and text based discussions.
7. Take your child on college visits and encourage their college goals.
8. Ensure that your child arrives at the testing site on time.
9. Remind your child that the ACT test is one tool colleges use to determine college eligibility.
10. Encourage and support your child every step of the way.
Logansport High School Students of the Year
Logansport High School is proud to announce its students of the year for the 2013-2014 school year. Representing the LHS Class of 2014 as Student of the Year is Kayla W. Bonnie W. is our 8th grade Student of the Year and was recently named DeSoto Parish's 8th grade Student of the Year. LHS's 5th grade Student of the Year is Katie Paul W. Logansport High is honored to have these three students as such valuable members of our school community. "It's a great day to be a Tiger!"
GEE, LAA2, 8th GRADE EXPLORE Continue
LHS v Stanley @ home Continue
LHS v LaSalle @ LaSalle Continue
Important Dates to Remember
March 6-Track Meet @ LHS, LHS Baseball @ Zwolle, LHS Softball @ home
March 7-LHS Baseball @ Zwolle, LHS Softball @ Southwood, LJH Softball @ LHS
March 8-LHS Baseball @ Zwolle, LHS Softball @ Southwood
March 10-14-EXPLORE (8th, 9th), PLAN (10th)-pre-ACT testing
March 10-LHS Baseball @ LHS, LHS Softball @ LaSalle
March 11-LHS Baseball @ LHS Baseball @ LHS Softball @ LHS
March 18-ACT testing @ LHS for all juniors & selected seniors:LEAP testing-grades 4 and 8
March 20-Speech Club meeting @ 1:15
March 20-22 LHS Baseball & LHS Softball @ Stanley (Tournament),
March 21-Report Cards 3rd nine weeks; Parent/Teacher Conferences 8:00 am-3:00 pm
March 24-LHS Baseball & LHS Softball @ Montgomery
March 25-LHS Football Banquet @ 6:00
March 27-High School 4-H Meeting, National Honor Society Meeting @ 1:15, LHS Track Meet @ North DeSoto-Parish Relays
March 28-Pre-Kindergarten Round-up 9:00-10:30, LHS Blood Drive, LHS Baseball & LHS Softball @ LHS
March 29-LHS Track Meet @ North DeSoto
March 31-LHS Baseball & LHS Softball @ Block
April 7-10-Phase 2 LEAP testing 4 & 8; iLEAP 3,5,6,7; ITBS 2;LAA2 4,5,6,7,8,10,11
April 17-Junior Ring Ceremony
April 18-25-Easter/Spring Break
April 28-May 15-End of Course Tests; Algebra I, English II, Geometry, Biology I, English III
May 5-17-Field Tests in Grades 3-8, Science/Social Studies
May 6-Senior Awards Ceremony @ LHS, Class of 2014
May 9-Last Day for Seniors
May -17-Field Tests in Grades 3-8, Science/Social Studies
May 19-LHS Graduation-6:30 pm, Class of 2014
May 20-8th Grade Celebration
May 22-Last Day for Students