Have a Great Summer Break!
Dress Code 2016-2017
STUDENT DRESS CODE 2016-2017
Logansport High School
* Solid Tiger Purple, Tiger Gold, or White ( Emblems on shirts must be of reasonable size and school colors - only tiger purple, tiger gold, white or black)
* Must have collar (if visible or if outerwear is taken off)
* If a tie is worn at any time it will need to be school colors only black, white, tiger purple, tiger gold, or khaki
* Shirts must be tucked in at all times(optional for grades Pre-K-3)
* T Shirts that are worn as undershirts must be tiger purple, tiger gold, black, or white.
Be advised that spirit shirts will be sold throughout the year at LHS, but you are not obligated to buy them. If however you do choose to purchase these shirts please be aware that students will only be able to wear these shirts on Fridays and/or other spirit shirt designated days.
* Khaki, Black Khaki or Logansport Plaid (Black CANNOT be jeans or denim)
* No wind suits, jeggings, jogging pants, black jeans, cuts or slits in pants/shorts
* ALL Slacks and shorts must have a waistband with belt loops and must fit at the waist
* Neither undergarments nor any part of the midsection should be visible. Sagging is not allowed and is strictly enforced. Elastic waistbands are allowed at the principal's discretion for students in Pre-K through 1st grade
* Pants and shorts must have no holes, frays and must not have a baggy or an exaggerated crotch.
* Skirts/shorts must be no more than 2 inches above the knees.(If leggings or knee socks are worn under skirts they must
be SOLID school colors only-tiger purple, tiger gold, black or white)
* Black, Brown, Tiger Purple, Tiger Gold, or White
* Belts must be worn with slacks and shorts (optional for pre-K-3rd grade).
* Belt buckles should be reasonable size
* Socks are required at all times
* Socks with shorts, skorts, or skirts must be tiger purple, tiger gold, black, or white
* Closed toe and closed back shoes must be worn at all times
* No specific style of shoe is required: however, no bedroom slippers or combat boots are permitted
* Shoes that have wheels are not permitted
* Shoes must be secured (laces tied, straps fastened) at all times
* Tiger Purple, Tiger Gold, White, or Black ONLY
* All outerwear must be of reasonable fit
* Jackets and coats can have hoods but hoods may only be worn OUTSIDE
* No long (below the knee) dusters or trench coats
* All wording and emblems are accepted as long as they are approved school colors (tiger purple, tiger gold, white, or black)
* LHS approved outerwear in other colors will be accepted if earned through an LHS event
* If outerwear has a zipper, a school colored collared shirt must be worn underneath
* Knit caps may be worn outside only in extremely cold weather.
* All bows, barrettes, and headbands are to be white, tiger purple, tiger gold, khaki, or black
* ID Badges must be worn at all times and are a part of the LHS dress code.
One ID Badge and Lanyard will be provided to each student at the beginning of the year. They are to use the lanyard and clip provided by the school. The student is allowed one replacement if lost or broken, then the student will be responsible and will have to purchase these from the office. Prices are $5.00 for a new badge and $3.00 for a new lanyard.
Hair and Facial Hair
* Hairstyles and facial hair shall be neat, clean, and not cause a distraction to the educational process or impair vision.
* Unnatural colors are not permitted if they are deemed by the principal as a distraction.
* Hair rollers and extreme hair styles are not permitted if they are deemed by the principal as a distraction.
* Excessive and or inappropriate jewelry is not permitted (Nose rings/studs, body piercing with jewelry, tongue studs, eyebrow rings, etc. are not permitted)
* No buttons may be worn unless they are school spirit.
* Backpack of choice, unless a security or behavior incident arises then students will be limited to clear or mesh backpacks.
* Book Bags with wheels are not permitted.
Emblems and Insignia
Discriminatory, obscene or drug/alcohol related emblems, insignia, jewelry, signs, speech or literature that is discriminatory, inflammatory or derogatory toward any sex, race, nationality, creed, political or philosophical group, is obscene or contains profanity, or makes reference to drugs, alcohol and/or tobacco are not permitted.
See-through clothes, inappropriate tight-fitting apparel, attire that exposes the midsection, or clothing or apparel that is considered unsafe, dangerous, or a health hazard is prohibited- even if it otherwise follows the student uniform dress code. Clothing must meet all uniform guidelines, regardless of the label of information.
Principal's Discretion to Make Uniform Exceptions:
Principals may declare spirit days and allow students to wear school spirit shirts, or dress-up days (such as when school pictures are scheduled). Principals may also allow students to wear other uniforms such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, band, chorus, etc. Other questions about uniforms should be referred first to the school principal. Special dress days are not to be used as school fundraisers unless granted by Superintendent or his designee.
Dress Code in Special Classes
Students must follow the rules of appropriate dress as dictated by the needs of special classes (i.e. physical education, Agriscience, consumer science, etc.)
Final Judgment Resides with the Building Administrator:
The principal will make the final decision if the clothing, hair, jewelry and general appearance of a student meets the DeSoto Parish School System's school uniform and appearance guidelines explained above.
Violation of Dress Code Policy Any student who violates the student dress code will be subject to school disciplinary action. Appeals and/or clarification regarding the discipline of a student for improper dress code should be directed to the
school principal or designee.
Desoto Parish Schools Code of Conduct 2016-2017
DRESS CODE 2016-2017
LHS Monthly Calendar
Sci-Port DeSoto Days
Visit sciport.org for directions and additional information!